Singer Cormac Neeson gives the latest on the new Answer album ‘New Horizon’ ahead of their upcoming European tour dates…
1. What are you currently up to? (recording, gigs, plans etc.)
- I’m just back from a promo trip to the states which was a lot of fun. We have a forty date European you beginning this Friday so I’m heading out to our rehearsal space to get the set together for that. Our new record “New Horizon ” has been released worldwide this week so we’re all pretty excited.
2. Could you take us through the new album ‘New Horizon’ e.g. recording process, ideas behind the songs
- It’s quite an aggressive album born out of anxiety, frustration, resilience and hope. The recording process was very much a live event with minimal overdubs and maximum raw power.
3. The new album is possibly your heaviest to date and also many songs are ‘growers’. When wrting the new album did you as a band plan to steer the music down a heavier route and perhaps pen music that took a little longer for the listener to get into?
- We just wanted to make a ten song hard rock record that packed an almighty punch.
4. How did you hook-up with Toby Jepson? Did he halp solely on the production side of things or was he giving you afew musical pointers in the songs along the way?
- A record company friend of ours recommended Toby so I gave him a call and we got on great. It soon became clear that he was the guy to do this record. We trusted him enough to co-write a couple of songs with the band which was the first time we’ve ever worked with anyone from the outside.
5. The Answer reached a peak in the UK at medium sized venues after your last album and tour. Do you hope this album pushes your popularity further and how hard is it to get more people aware of your music?
- Yes we do. It’s always a challenge to raise and maintain awareness. But we’re up for it.
6. The video to ‘Spectacular’ was banned by YouTube, although there is a clean version up now! What gave you the idea for this video and has it brought in interest to the band’s music from people who haven’t heard the band before?
- We wanted to make an upbeat, high energy video. So the director suggested we throw a house party and let the cameras run. The results were great. I do think a few people watched the video because it got banned and they were curious. I would do the same.
7. How did you hook-up with Napalm Records and any plans to perhaps re-issue your earlier albums on this label?
- Napalm approached us about a year and a half ago with a strong pitch. They’re a motivated team who have a genuine love for hard rock and metal. We’ve already re-issued our earlier records for the States.
8. What have been the live highlights for you and why?
- We did a two night stand in Madison Square Garden supporting ACDC which was a lot of fun along with the 116 other shows we played with the greatest rock n roll band in the world. Our own Belfast shows are always great too as we’re playing to our home crowd.
9. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time away from music?
-Watching football in my local pub.
10. Anything else to add and a message for your fans…
- Looking forward to the New Horizon tour licking off this week and coming to a town near you. Enjoy the new record and keep believing!!
Listen in to Get Ready to ROCK! Radio…
Click the appropriate icons at the top of the page.
In this show, first broadcast on Get Ready to ROCK! Radio on 2 February 2020, David Randall plays a selection of tracks from some of the artists who impressed at this year’s Giants Of Rock event in Minehead (24-27 January).
Featured Albums w/c 17 February (Mon-Fri)
09:00-12:00 NEWMAN Ignition (AOR Heaven)
12:00-13:00 BLACK SWAN Shake The World (Frontiers)
14:00-16:00 CORMAC O CAOIMH Swim Crawl Walk Run (indie)
Power Plays w/c 17 February (Mon-Fri)
SHAKRA Turn The Light On (AFM Records)
THE NIGHT FLIGHT ORCHESTRA Transmissions (Nuclear Blast)
RYDERS CREED Lost Soul (Off Yer Rocka Recordings)
FRAMING HANLEY Puzzle Pieces (Thermal Entertainment LLC)
ROBERT HART Mysterious (Escape Music)
Tweets by Get Ready to ROCK!