Pete Feenstra chatted to Ian Anderson and featured tracks from the new album, for Get Ready to ROCK! Radio. First broadcast 12 March 2017.
Nearly 50 years after the debut album from Jethro Tull, Ian Anderson is set to release a new recording of classic Jethro Tull repertoire, arranged by John O’Hara for The Carducci Quartet. “Jethro Tull The String Quartets” is released on 24 March by BMG.
Although Ian has worked with classical orchestras previously this is the first time he has recorded an album specifically with a string quartet and therefore upholding a long tradition of composers such as Beethoven, Bartók and Britten.
He says: “I felt that there were some songs rather special to me which featured the string quartet such as A Christmas Song, Reasons For Waiting and Wond’ring Aloud. John came up with a few suggestions of his own which presented challenges.”
John O’Hara added “My ambition was to create a thought-provoking album that remains true to Ian’s compositions.” Consequently the song selection features Ian’s cryptic new titling.
01. In the Past (Living In The Past)
02. Sossity Waiting (Sossity: You’re a Woman / Reasons For Waiting)
03. Bungle (Bungle In The Jungle)
04. We Used to Bach (We Used to Know / Bach Prelude C Major)
05. Farm, the Fourway (Farm On The Freeway)
06. Songs and Horses (Songs From The Wood / Heavy Horses)
07. Only the Giving (Wond’ring Aloud)
08. Loco (Locomotive Breath)
09. Pass the Bottle (A Christmas Song)
10. Velvet Gold (Velvet Green)
11. Ring Out These Bells (Ring Out, Solstice Bells)
12. Aquafugue (Aqualung)
On Sunday 12 March at 20:00 GMT Pete Feenstra chats to Ian Anderson playing tracks from the new album, for Get Ready to ROCK! Radio.
Listen in to Get Ready to ROCK! Radio…
Click the appropriate icons at the top of the page.
Power Plays w/c 17 April 2017
MOLLIE MARRIOTT Control (indie)
BLACKWATER CONSPIRACY Hanging Tree (indie)
THE BLUE HORIZON Zero Hour Contract (indie)
BIG WOLF BAND Heaven’s Got The Blues (Indie)
Featured Albums w/c 17 April 2017 (Mon-Fri)
09:00-12:00 LITTLE RIVER BAND Revisited (from “The Big Box”) (Store For Music)
12:00-13:00 ECLIPSE Monumentum (Frontiers)
14:00-16:00 LYNNE HANSON Uneven Ground (Continental Song City)
Tweets by Get Readyto_ROCK